Description of courses:
8 week Mindfulness course based on Mindfulness ‘Finding Peace in a Frantic World’ by Mark Williams and Danny Penman
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mindfulness Based Childbirth Preparation (MBCP)
1:1 or small group class
For pregnant women and their birth partners; the skills taught are based upon mind-body meditation practices and cover:
• Developing greater confidence in your ability to cope with labour and childbirth
• How to work with pain & fear during childbirth
• Information on labour, birth, and the emotional needs of your baby
• Skills for managing stress, anxiety and other emotions during the transition to parenthood and for everyday life
• How to reduce your risk of postnatal depression and increase the availability of attention for your baby
Dr Sian Warriner
What qualifications or training do you hold?
I hold a Doctorate in Clinical Practice from the University of Surrey, a Master of Science degree and am a Registered Midwife. I have trained in teaching Mindfulness through Oxford University Mindfulness Centre (OMC) where I am an Associate
If you teach MBCT, what professional mental health training do you hold?
Mindfulness training in MBCP, MBSR, MBCT
How do you continually ensure your knowledge and skills are up-to-date?
I regularly attend update days, master-classes, day and longer retreats. I work and teach alongside experienced Mindfulness teachers and regularly reflect on my experiences as part of my practice supervision.
Do you adhere to appropriate professional and ethical boundaries and frameworks in your work as a mindfulness-based teacher?