Description of courses:
New Monthly Mindfulness Drop-In
- 5pm-7pm, first Sunday of the month, Canvas Cafe, London
- For full details see: www.nicoleperkinsmindfulness.com/drop-in
- 09/02/18-11/02/18 - Mindfulness & Compassion Beginners Weekend Retreat
- 01/06/18-03/06/18 - Mindfulness Retreat for 8-Week Course Graduates
- For full details see: www.nicoleperkinsmindfulness.com/retreats
Nicole offers the following courses:
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- .b Foundations (for school staff)
- .b (11-18 years)
- Paws b (7-11 years)
- Finding Peace in a Frantic World (8-week course for adults)
Nicole has also recently been taken on as a Trainer for .b Foundations by Mindfulness in Schools Project.
Ms Nicole Perkins
What qualifications or training do you hold?
Nicole trained to teach mindfulness-based courses to adults with Bangor University’s Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice. She is also a trained teacher of the Mindfulness in Schools Project’s .b and Paws b mindfulness curricula for children and .b Foundations programme for teachers, staff and parents, and the Finding Peace in a Frantic World course for adults.
If you teach MBCT, what professional mental health training do you hold?
How do you continually ensure your knowledge and skills are up-to-date?
Nicole is currently conducting PhD research at the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience, King’s College London on compassion approaches with children, and through this keeps up to date with the latest academic research on mindfulness and compassion. She regularly attends events, training and retreats, and has built a strong network of fellow mindfulness practitioners with whom she collaborates and discusses ideas and developments in the field.
Do you adhere to appropriate professional and ethical boundaries and frameworks in your work as a mindfulness-based teacher?
Nicole adheres to the UK Network for Mindfulness-Based Teachers Good Practice Guidelines for Teaching Mindfulness-Based Courses.